Kapton tape, high temperature masking tape with polyimide film
Kapton tape is made from polyimide film with high-performance silicone pressure-sensitive adhesive. We can provide 1 Mil, 2 Mil, 5 Mil thick polyimide material. The polyimide film has an excellent balance of properties over a wide range of temperatures and have a high dielectric strength. Because of these characteristics, it is uniquely suitable for specific for many high temperature applications. Kapton tape make innovative design solutions possible in a range of industries including, automotive, solar photovoltaic and wind energy, semiconductor and transforming industries, electronics and industrial applications.
● High temperature masking.
● Excellent electrical insulation.
● Withstand the high temperature up to 280°C.
● Thin and conformable enabling masking of uneven surfaces.
● Removes without adhesive residue after exposure to heat /chemical.
● Protection of Printed Circuit Boards during wave soldering.
● Insulation on Transformers, Motors, Coils and PCB.
● Used for fixing the lithium battery’s positive pole and negative pole in high grade electric appliance.
● Solar Panels.
● Fiber Optics Cables.
Data sheet (Kapton tape)
|Film Thickness||1.2/2/5 Mil|
|Adhesive Thickness||1.5 Mil|
|Adhesion to Steel||25 oz//inch|
|Tensile Strength||30 (lbs/inch)|
|UL-94 Flammability Rating||V-0|
|Insulation Resistance||1,000,000 mega ohms|
|Electrolytic Corrosion Factor||1|
|Insulation Class, centigrade||180°C|
|Temperature Resistance||260°C (500°F)|
|Resistance to acids, oils, solvents||Excellent|
Note: Custom sizes are available upon request and supply free sample for test.